Monday, March 14, 2011

Crystal Cove State Park March 2011

Scott & Jer hit the trail for the quick 2 mile hike.

Logan, Brigham & Brian on harses (as my Dad from Sanpete County pronounced it).

Jared and Sam backpackin' in.



Here's where I learned about horses herding. The faster I went, the faster Patch went to keep up. After I finally barked to give me some room, they finally backed off a little. So, I apologize for getting a little snippy, but there were times I thought Patch was going to run me over! I finally took off running and so did Patch. With Logan yelling "slow down Dad!" from behind and me hollering "gimmie some room" from the front, Brigham figured to give me some room. He had thought nothing of it, Patch was just following the leader of the herd!


So, actually only 3 Scouts came on this trip... so we took sis along too.
Brianna was a good hiker but she wished she had her horse!


Mud and boys have a natural affinity. Here they are after a game of "Sneak up on the Scoutmaster".


Exploring the crick (another Sanpete thing)

The view to the west on the hike out.

We were going to go swimming at Brigham's brother's house on Saturday, but Patch fell in the crick in the night and got hurt. So they had to walk him out and take care of him. Poor ol' harse. I hear he's a mending, but slowly. I don't know why he tried to go down in the crick in the middle of the night anyway, maybe he saw an ol' coon passin' by and was trying to herd!!!
...
Ol' Patch went on a campout
with a bunch of scouts one day.
Turned out he was a purdy fast hiker,
herdin' the scoutmaster most of the way.
But at night he went a-wanderin'
an' fell off inta the crick.
So Brigham had ta pull him out,
an' that was a purdy good trick.
But the trick was on him the next morn'
as he tended his trusty mount.
For ol' Patch was shorely a hurtin'
and ol' Brigham had ta walk out!
...
Bro J, Cowboy Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment