Friday, July 15, 2011

Lake Powell, June 13-18, 2011

Sorry, my computer crashed (I know Brigham... I need an Apple!) so I have missed posting some outings. If I can find my pics from April and May I'll get some of Whitsett and Rock Climbing on here. However, here are some from LAKE POWELL!


Heading up the lake to find a camp spot.



Found a great cove in Weatherill Canyon

We had merit badge classes each day
The scouts earned almost 60 merit badges

(although they still need to do some work at home to finish some up)

Some classes were held above, and some below.



The scouts did all the cooking




And they did most of the playing!



The houseboat had a great slide!


Lots of scouts earned the water sports merit badge

Some earned canoeing



We had campfire each night and awarded MVC

(Most Valuable Camper)


Every morning we had a devotional by our awesome Bishop


A favorite game. "Knock the guy off the tube"


Even the Bishop played!


We ended with a tour of Glen Canyon Dam




No comments:

Post a Comment